The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
vCenter Server fails when upgrading from VirtualCenter 2.0.2 to vCenter Server 2.5 on a Japanese locale with SQL Server 2005 (1017604)
- When you upgrade from VirtualCenter Server 2.0.x to vCenter Server 2.5.x on a Japanese locale with SQL Server 2005, vCenter Server upgrade fails.
- This issue may also occur when upgrading to vCenter Server 4.0 and 4.1.
- This issue may also occur if you are using an Oracle database.
Do not upgrade. Instead, install vCenter Server 2.5 or vCenter Server 4.x.
To install vCenter Server 2.5:
- Uninstall the earlier version of VirtualCenter from your system.
- Install vCenter Server 2.5 with a clean database.
- Re-create the vCenter inventory within the new vCenter Server installation.
Note: You cannot upgrade from VirtualCenter 2.0.x to vCenter Server 4.1 as vCenter Server 4.1 requires a 64 bit operating system.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.