Update Manager Plugin appears to install correctly but remains available for install and cannot be enabled (1017052)
After downloading and installing the Update Manager Plugin, you may experience these symptoms:
- The plugin remains available for install.
- The plugin cannot be enabled.
- This issue occurs even after you re-download and re-install the Update Manager Plugin.
- Open a command prompt. Click Start > Run , type cmd, and click OK.
- Check the Path variable by typing:
Check to see if there is a double quote in the path. For example:
- If there is a double quote in the path:
- Copy the full path from the command line into Notepad.
- Remove any double quotes, then copy the path.
- From the command prompt, enter set path=, then paste the edited path. For example:
set path= c:\windows;c:\windows\system32;c:\program files\3rdpartyapp
- Run this command to launch the vSphere Client from the command prompt from where you set the path:
%ProgramFiles% \VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe
- Open the Plugin Manager within the vSphere Client. The Update Manager plugin is available.
This issue may also occur if there are double quotes in the User path variable.
- Right click My Computer and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Environment Variables.
Check the Path in the User Variables pane.
Remove any quotes from the paths.