The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
In vCloud Director the virtual machines switching mechanism might become unresponsive if an application you use to manage virtual machines is not closed properly or fails (1016338)
To activate the switching, stop all the daemon processes and remove the socket file located in the /tmp folder. The following procedure applies to VMware Player and to VMware Remote Console.
To stop daemon processes and remove the socket file:
- Close all instances of the application.
- In the command prompt, stop all the daemon processes by running the applicable command:
- For VMware Player: killall vmplayer-daemon
- For VMware Remote Console: killall vmware-vmrc-daemon
- Navigate to your /tmp directory and locate the socket file (usually called vmplayer-daemon-:<0.0>).
0.0 corresponds to your current display, so the numbers may vary.
- Delete the socket file.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.