When using EMC Clariion storage arrays, configuring array manager fails with the error: XML document empty (1016149)
When configuring the array manager after installing VMware vCenter Server Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 4.x with an EMC Clariion storage array, you experience these symptoms:
- You are unable to complete the Array Manager configuration.
- Performing a rescan in the Array Manager fails.
- You see the error:
XML document empty
- In the vmware-dr.log file, you see entries similar to:
[#1] Unable to load DLL 'MirrorViewSRACore.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
[#1] MirrorViewSRACLI End"
'PrimarySanProvider' 4780 trivia] 'discoverLuns' returned
'PrimarySanProvider' 4780 error] Failed to retrieve script results
'Array.Synchronize-Task' 4780 info] Fault:
[#2] dynamicType = <unset>,
[#2] reason = "XML document is empty",
[#2] msg = ""
- In the MirrorView Storage Replication Adapter (SRA) log, you see errors similar to:
[DiscoverReplicatedLUNS.cpp @000741 BuildReplicatedLUNSList ] ClarAPI 'ClarSync' for 'target' failed.
Error Details: An error occurred while data was being loaded from a Clariion HRESULT:0xC00407D4
- Ensure to use 32-bit EMC Solutions Enabler version 7.1 or later. For more information, see the EMC Knowledge Base article emc226366. To view this article, you must be a registered user on the EMC Powerlink site.
Note: This preceding link was correct as of March 18, 2011. If you find the link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.
- Ensure that the Site Recovery Adapter and required components are installed correctly.
- When using MirrorView Site Recovery Adapter version 184.108.40.206 or earlier, ensure to use SRM 4.0 or later. For more information, see the VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 4.0 Release Notes.
For information on the location of log files, see Location of Site Recovery Manager log files (1021802).