The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
After Upgrading to ESX 4.0 Update 1 the wbemcli Query is Not Returning Output (1015637)
On ESX 4.0 hosts, the command wbemcli ei -nl -noverify 'https://root:CENSORED@esx023/lsi/lsimr12:CIM_ComputerSystem returns the expected output. After upgrading to ESX 4.0 Update 1, running this command on one of the following classes receives no output:
This issue does not affect ESXi hosts.
This issue is resolved in ESX 4.0 Update 2. For ESX 4.0 Update 1, see the following task:
The registration entries for the LSI CIM provider must be modified to reflect the correct information. Once the registration entries are modified, the wbemcli query will return the expected output on vSphere 4.0 Update 1 hosts. A script is attached to this knowledge base article that can be used to modify the registration entries from the ESX Service Console. This script should not be used on hosts running any versions of ESX other than ESX 4.0 Update 1.
Modify the LSI CIM provider registration entries as follows:
- Complete the vSphere 4.0 Update 1 upgrade.
- Download fixInboxLSIRegs.sh from this knowledgebase article.
- Verify the integrity of the file using one of the following checksum values:
- md5sum: e6267ea5f253317bd5ff6a5084359ee8
- sha1sum: dec20bdf01535dcecf97b2a7efdf56cb6bbb1e5a
- Log in to the ESX host's Service Console as root.
- Copy the fixInboxLSIRegs.sh script to the service console.
- At the command prompt, run the following command:
- Reboot the server when the script completes successfully.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.