The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Networking performance data is missing when the VMXNET3 adapter is used (1015402)
- The Networking panel is missing in the Performance tab of a virtual machine when a guest is using a VMXNET Generation 3 adapter.
- If a virtual machine has a mix of virtual adapters, the Networking panel for adapters of a type other than VMXNET3 is displayed.
To resolve this issue, perform one of these options:
- Install one of these patches, depending on your version of ESX/ESXi:
- Upgrade to ESX 4.0 Update 1 or ESXi 4.0 Update 1
If you cannot upgrade or install above patches, work around this issue by using one of these instead of the VMXNET3 adapter:
Caution: VMXNET3 has features such as multiqueue support (also known as Receive Side Scaling in Windows), IPv6 offloads, and MSI/MSI-X interrupt delivery. If you are using any of these features, do not implement the workaround.
- VMXNET2 (Enhanced VMXNET) virtual adapter
- VMXNET virtual adapter
For related information, see Choosing a network adapter for your virtual machine (1001805).
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.