The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Upgrading a VMware Fusion virtual machine from Windows XP to Windows 7 (1015396)
- You are unable to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7
- You see errors during or after the upgrade process from Windows XP to Windows 7
This article details the process to upgrade a VMware Fusion virtual machine from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Windows 7 is supported in Fusion 3 and later. For more information about upgrading Fusion, see the VMware Fusion product page.
- To upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit, Microsoft requires that you own a 64-bit version of Windows XP or later.
- Troubleshooting networking and internet connection issues in VMware Fusion
- Creating a new Windows 7 or 8 virtual machine from an upgrade disk
- Actualizar una máquina virtual VMware Fusion de Windows XP a Windows 7
- Como atualizar uma máquina virtual VMware Fusion do Windows XP para o Windows 7
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.