vCenter Server gets disconnected and Windows event log reports the error: Event description for event id 1000 from source vmware virtualcenter server (1015101)
You experience these recurring issues:
- vSphere Infrastructure Client loses connection to the vCenter Server 4.0 every fifteen minutes.
- The management page locks up and the vCenter service has to be restarted.
- Windows event logs show:
Event description for event id 1000 from source vmware virtualcenter server cannot be found
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs\vpxd.logfile of the vCenter Server has entries similar to:
[VpxdReverseProxy] Failed to create http proxy: Resource is already in use: Listen socket: :80
This issue occurs when an application, such as IIS or RCA, is listening at Port 80 that is needed by vCenter Server.
If you have installed IIS on your vCenter Server, the IIS configuration file
applicationHost.config appears similar to:
<site name="Default Web Site" id="1">
<application path="/" applicationPool="DefaultAppPool">
<virtualDirectory path="/" physicalPath="c:\inetpub\wwwroot" />
<binding protocol="HTTP" bindingInformation="*:80:" />
In this example, the configuration file defines a site that has a root application with a virtual directory pointing to
\inetpub\wwwroot and is listening on any IP address on port 80.
If you have installed IIS on your vCenter Server:
- Launch vCenter Server as a standalone server to check for errors, by running this command:
- Stop IIS, if it is running.
- Restart vCenter Server.
- Change the port on which IIS listens, if necessary:
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Select the web site that you wish to configure.
- In the Action pane, click Bindings.
- Click Add to add a new site binding or click Edit to change an existing binding.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Using IIS Administrator, change the Default Web Site port to 8081:
- Click Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the Connections tree, go to your computer > Sites > Default Web Site.
- In the Actions pane, click Bindings.
- Select the binding you are going to edit and then click Edit.
- Change the port to 8081.
- Click OK.
To determine if another application or service is causing a TCP port conflict, see Determining if a port is in use (1003971).
- vCenter Server が切断され、Windows イベント ログが次のエラーを報告する：ソースの VMware VirtualCenter Server のイベント id 1000 のイベント記述 (2099722)