The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Cleaning up damaged restore points in VMware Data Recovery (1013387)
- A restore indicates the status of (damaged) beside it in red.
- Backups are not running anymore.
- In the /var/log/messages file on the VDR appliance, you see an error similar to:
datarecovery: Destination "?/SCSI-0:1/?" will be locked until the restore point with errors are deleted and integrity check succeeds.
The damaged restore points may disallow existing backups to run.
To resolve the issue:
- Make sure that there are no backups or integrity checks running.
- Log in to the Data Recovery appliance with the credentials:
- Log in to the Data Recovery UI (vSphere Client) and use these steps to clean up the damaged restore points:
- Mark the restore points for deletion from the Data Recovery UI.
- Manually run integrity check twice to clear the restore points. Running it for the first time clears the damaged restore points the running it again performs a normal integrity check. For more information, see Running a manual integrity check on a VMware Data Recovery deduplication store (1029296).
- Check the integrity check log (double-click on the Reports \ Events view) to see if it clear. If not, run the Integrity check again.
Restart the datarecovery daemon on the Data Recovery appliance:
service datarecovery restart
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.