The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Configuring patch source in vCenter Update Manager for Cisco Nexus 1000V Virtual Ethernet Module (VEM) (1013134)
vCenter Update Manager 4.0 does not list patches or updates for Cisco Nexus 1000V by default. The issue is not present in vCenter Update Manager 4.0 Update 1.
This article provides the procedure for adding a Cisco Nexus 1000V patch source to vCenter Update Manager 4.0.
- Log in to vCenter Server through vSphere Client with administrator privileges.
- Click the Home icon in the navigation bar.
- Click the Update Manager icon in the Solutions and Applications pane.
Note: If the icon is not available, check if Update Manager plug-in is installed and enabled. From the Plug-ins menu, click Manage Plug-ins to install the VMware vCenter Update Manager plug-in.
- Click the Home icon and select the Update Manager icon.
- In vSphere Client, click the Configuration tab.
- Under Settings, click Patch Download Settings.
- In the Patch Download Sources section, select Direct Connection to Internet
- Click Add Patch Source.
- In the Add Patch Source dialog box, enter the https://hostupdate.vmware.com/software/VUM/PRODUCTION/csco-main-index.xml in the Source URL field.
- (Optional) Enter the description.
- Click Validate URL.
- If the validation is successful, click OK.
- If the validation fails, verify that the source URL and the proxy settings are correct.
- In the Patch Download Settings screen, click Apply, and then click Download Now.
You can proceed with the baseline definitions. Follow the remaining steps for installing patches or upgrades. For further information, see the VMware vCenter Update Manager Administration Guide.
Note: You can view the list of the downloaded patch details in the Patch Repository tab.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.