VMware vCenter Lab Manager 4.0 Support for VMware vCenter Update Manager (1012469)
VMware vCenter Lab Manager 4.0 supports Update Manager with some conditions.
Lab Manager 4.0 supports Update Manager only to patch and update ESX hosts.
- When upgrading VMware ESX hosts from 3.5 to 4.0, an Agent needs upgrade message appears on the prepared host. You must initiate an agent upgrade.
To upgrade the agent:
- Log in to Lab Manager.
- In the left pane, click Resources.
- On the Hosts tab, find the host with a red x in the Ready column.
- Place the pointer on the host name and select Upgrade Agent.
- Patches are supported as long as they do not introduce incompatibilities with the Lab Manager agent. If an incompatibility is introduced, a Lab Manager upgrade may be necessary. Please contact VMware Technical Support for more information.
Update Manager is not supported for the management of patches or hardware upgrades to Lab Manager virtual machines. Lab Manager disables VMware vCenter snapshot methods on its virtual machines. If virtual machines and templates are undeployed, they are not registered in vCenter and are not visible to Update Manager.