The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Downloading and installing AppSpeed from Plug-In Manager fails (1011955)
You may experience the following symptoms:
- Downloading or installing AppSpeed fails
- You receive one of the following errors:
The remote server returned an error. Server Unavailable.
The application failed to initialize properly, click OK to terminate the application.
The Server Unavailable error occurs when the VI Client uses HTTP to download the AppSpeed plug-in from the AppSpeed server and the firewall between the VI Client and AppSpeed server is closed for the port used for the web services (usually port 80), the download fails.
To resolve the issue:
- Verify that the port used for the web services (usually port 80) is open on the firewall.
- A proxy might be configured which prevents a HTTP connection with vCenter Server. If this is the case, the proxy must be disabled for the plug-in download to work.
- If the problem persists, restart the VI Client and retry.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.