Upgrading vCenter Server Heartbeat from an Evaluation Version to Production Version (1010792)
To upgrade vCenter Server Heartbeat Evaluation Version to Production Version:
- Using the vCenter Server Heartbeat Console, navigate to System > Status and Control and click Shutdown to shutdown vCenter Server Heartbeat.
- Click Start > All Programs > VMware > VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat > Configure Server to launch the Configure Server wizard.
- Click the License tab.
- Choose the existing license key and click the Trash can icon to delete the existing license key.
- Click Add and enter the new Production license key.
- Click Finish.
- Right-click the System Tray icon and select Start vCenter Server Heartbeat.
Note: If you have received vCenter Server Heartbeat license key with 25 characters that does not license vCenter Server Heartbeat, continue using the default license key that you receive with the package. This license key is valid until December 1, 2009. VMware is aware of this issue.