The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Changing Lab Manager Virtual Machine NIC Emulation Type (1010525)
The IP address of a virtual machine, which is associated with a NIC that is created and managed by Lab Manager, is lost when you replace the NIC with a vmxnet3 type NIC created from VMware vCenter.
To resolve this issue, add a specific type of NIC (for example, vmxnet3):
- In Lab Manager, deploy the virtual machine.
- Log in to VMware vSphere Client.
- Record the MAC address.
- Power the virtual machine off.
- Select and delete a NIC from the virtual machine and, at the same time, add another NIC of the required type.
- Ensure that the MAC address of the NIC being added is identical to that of the one being deleted.
- In Lab Manager, power on the virtual machine.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.