The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
When using the Proxy.Pac file, the Client does not authenticate to the Virtual Desktop Manager server (1009286)
- When using the Proxy.Pac file, the client does not authenticate to the VMware Virtual Desktop Manager (VDM) server
- When you enter your credentials while connecting to the VDM Server (2.1.0-596 and 2.1.0-693), you see the error:
The VDM Server authentication failed. A secure connection to the VDM Server https://(ServerFQDN):443 cannot be established. Could not connect through proxy. Please check your proxy settings.
- This issue occurs:
- When you allow direct connections to the desktop and use the pac file to proxy
- When you do not allow the direct connections to the desktop and use the pac file to proxy
- If you configure a browser with the proxy server and do not define the VDM server as an exception. In this case, you cannot connect to the VDM server and enter your credentials.
Note: If you do not allow direct connections to the desktop and configure a browser to define the proxy and define the VDM server as an exception (that is, if you do not use the proxy server), this issue does not occur.
This issue is fixed in View 3.1.3 and View 4.0.1.
To workaround this issue on the client:
Insert the following key in the client's registry to bypass the proxy (HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc\Vmware Virtual Desktop Manager):
Input the Virtual Desktop Manager servers in this key.
Note: This key prevents you from using the proxy, but instead allows the client to connect directly to the servers.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.