Update Manager Configuration with an Internet Proxy Might Fail if Proxy Port Has 5 Digits (1008546)
- Connect the VI Client to a VirtualCenter Server on which Update Manager is installed and click the Update Manager.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click the Internet Access link on the left.
- Enter a 4-digit placeholder value for the port, change the other proxy information as necessary, and click Apply.
- In the command window, run regedit.
- In the Registry Editor utility, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Update Manager.
- Right-click ProxyPort and click Modify.
- Enter the 5-digit proxy port in the Value data field, and click OK.
With the workaround, Update Manager can download updates. However, in the Settings for internet access panel, the port value is displayed as 0, and by clicking Test Connection you cannot validate the connectivity of the Update Manager server with the Internet.