No snapshots are listed in View Administrator when you are creating a desktop pool using linked clone technology (1008377)
- In View Administrator, select to add a desktop.
- Selected automated desktop pool, either non-persistent or persistent.
- Select the VirtualCenter instance, but do not select Use linked clone technology.
- Continue through the wizard to the template page.
- Do not select a template but click back to the VirtualCenter selection page, and select Use linked clone technology.
- Continue through the wizard to the snapshot selection page, where no entries are displayed.
Note: If you forget to select the option Use linked clone technology, you discover that you cannot select a View Composer parent virtual machine, you may only select templates. You also want to ensure that you have shut down your parent virtual machines prior to generating your snapshots, as running snapshots cannot be selected as base images for linked clones, and as such, will not appear in the Create Pool wizard.
Cancel out of the wizard and begin the add desktop process again, making sure to select the option Use linked clone technology.