The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Attempting to cancel a check-in after disconnecting and quickly restoring the network puts desktop virtual machine into an invalid state (1008312)
If you disconnect the network, quickly restore it, and then try to cancel a check-in, the desktop's virtual machine is put into an invalid state. In this situation:
- View Client shows the error message Failed to cancel desktop check in Internal error.
- The desktop status is stuck at Checking in paused at 100% of xxMB.
- VirtualCenter shows a snapshot task failing with the status Operation failed because file already exists.
- In the VI Client, open the Datastore Browser.
- Browse to the the virtual machine folder,
- Delete the most recent delta disk file <virtual_machine_name-0000?->delta.vmdk.
You should now be able to cancel the check-in in View Client.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.