Forcing a virtual machine to power off in VMware Fusion (1006215)
- A virtual machine is not responding during the shut down process.
- You cannot power off a virtual machine while it's running.
- A virtual machine stops responding.
Warning: When you perform a hard power off, this has the same effect as switching off the power switch on a physical computer. Only do this if it is absolutely necessary as it may cause data loss or file system corruption.
To force a virtual machine to power off:
- From the Fusion menu bar, click and hold on Virtual Machine.
- Press and hold down the Option (Alt) key. The menu option for Shut Down changes to Force Shut Down. (In Fusion 2.x and earlier, it changes to Power Off).
- Click Force Shut Down. (In Fusion 2.x and earlier, click Power Off).