Host and other configuration data missing after upgrading to VirtualCenter 2.5 (1003610)
If the sysadmin role is added to the VirtualCenter login to satisfy database permissions for the upgrade to VirtualCenter 2.5, the installer may install a parallel database makingyour original hosts, resources pools, clusters, and permissions unavailable.
To recover your data:
- Backup the SSL certificates found at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\SSL.
- Completely uninstall these VMware Virtual Infrastructure Management components:
- VMware Infrastructure Client 2.5
- VMware Virtual Infrastructure Update
- VMware VirtualCenter Server
- VMware Capacity Planner Service
- VMware Converter Enterprise for VirtualCenter Server
VMware Update Manage
Note: Do not uninstall the VMware License Server.
In SQL Server Manager, choose SQLServer Agent > Jobs. Delete these jobs if they were not removed by the VirtualCenter Server uninstall:
Past Day stats rollup
PastWeek stats rollup
Past Month statsrollup
Restore the SSL certificates back to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\SSL.
- Restore the VirtualCenter Server database backup that you made before you began the upgrade.
- Fix the VirtualCenter database login permissions. If the sysadmin role was changed during the previous upgrade, restore the sysadmin role to the original state before upgrading. For more information regarding permissions, see:
- Run the installer to install all the VMware components and upgrade the original database.