The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Poor remote console performance to a virtual machine through vSphere/ VMware Infrastructure Client (1002450)
- Poor remote console performance to a virtual machine through vSphere/VMware Infrastructure Client
Slow or sluggish mouse movements
Delayed keyboard presses
Delayed connection of the remote console to the virtual machine
Heavy swapping on the Service Console
To troubleshoot this issue:
- Verify that the speed and duplex are set correctly on the network adapters in the ESX host. For more information, see Configuring the speed and duplex of an ESX/ESXi Server host network adapter (1004089).
- Verify that the latest version of VMware tools is installed into the guest operating system.
- If you experience these symptoms with Windows 2003 virtual machines, verify that hardware acceleration is enabled (Display Properties > Settings > Advanced >Troubleshoot).
- Increase the amount of RAM that is assigned to the Service Console. For more information, see Increasing the amount of RAM assigned to the ESX Server Service Console (1003501) .
Note: If your problem still exists after trying the steps in this article, please:
Gather the VMware Support Script Data. For more information, see Collecting Diagnostic Information in a VMware Virtual Infrastructure Environment (1003689).
File a support request with VMware Support and note this KB Article ID in the problem description. For more information, see How to Submit a Support Request .
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.