Installing Wyse Multimedia Support in ESX 3.0.2 (1001699)
WYSE Multimedia Support is supported on the Windows 2003 and Windows XP guest operating systems only. WYSE Multimedia Support is installed as part of a VMware Tools installation or upgrade as described below.
Installing WYSE Multimedia Support with VMware Tools
Wyse Multimedia support can be installed in the guest operating system by using the Custom installation option when installing VMware tools in a supported guest operating system.
- Open a console to the virtual machine.
- Power on the virtual machine.
- After the guest operating system starts, right-click the virtual machine and choose Install VMware Tools.
- From inside the virtual machine, click OK to confirm that you want to install VMware Tools and launch the InstallShield Wizard.
- If you have autorun enabled in your guest operating system (the default setting for Windows operating systems), a dialog box appears.
- If autorun is not enabled, run the VMware Tools installer. Click Start > Run and enter D:\setup.exe, where D: is your first virtual CD-ROM drive.
- Click Next. The Setup Type page is displayed.
- Select Custom, and click Next. The Custom Setup page is displayed.
- Select the red X next toWYSE Multimedia Redirector for installation.and select This feature will be installed on local hard drive.
- Click Next. A progress bar is displayed showing the progress of the installation.
- Click Finish.
Installing WYSE Multimedia Support as part of a VMware Tools Upgrade
For virtual machines that already have VMware Tools installed, WYSE Multimedia Support can be installed as part of a VMware Tools upgrade using the Windows Add or Remove Programs feature.
- Open a console to a powered on virtual machine.
- In the virtual machine, choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- In the list of programs, select VMware Tools and click Change. The VMware Tools Installation wizard is displayed.
- Click Next. The Program Maintenance page is displayed.
- Select Modify and click Next. The Custom Setup page is displayed.
- Click the red X next to WYSE Multimedia Redirector and select This feature will be installed on local hard drive.
- Click Next.
- Click Modify to begin the installation. A progress bar is displayed showing the progress of the installation.
- Click Finish.
For virtual machines on ESX Server 3.0.2 or later that are managed by VirtualCenter 2.0.1 or later, WYSE Multimedia Support can be installed as part of a VMware Tools upgrade started from the VI Client.