The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
vCenter Server Tasks show the message: XXX <some text> not found XXX (2014339)
- You see a Task message similar to:
XXX <some text> not found XXX
- You experience this issue with Tasks in vCenter Server only when using a remote desktop connection to the vCenter Server with a specific user ID.
- If you use any other user ID when remotely connecting to the vCenter Server (using either remote desktop or the vSphere Client), you do not see the XXX <some text> not found XXX message.
- Connect to the vCenter Server using a remote desktop connection and log in with the user ID that is experiencing the issue.
- Navigate to:
- For Windows 2008/2008 R2:
- For Windows 2003:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\VMware\vpx\catalog\VirtualCenter\4.0.0\en
Note: When launching a new vSphere Client after renaming the en folder, a new en folder will be created and the error message will no longer appear.
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.