The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Virtual machines residing on NFS storage become unresponsive during a snapshot removal operation (2010953)
- During a snapshot removal operation, virtual machines residing on NFS storage become unresponsive.
- You are using a VADP-enabled backup solution, such as VMware Data Recovery, which uses the hot-add method.
- When removing snapshots after backing up a virtual machine residing on an NFS datastore using a backup application, the virtual machine becomes unresponsive for approximately 30 seconds.
- Removing snapshots after backing up a virtual machine residing on an NFS datastore takes a long time to complete.
- The target virtual machine disk was hot-added for the backup/restore operation.
Note: As a workaround, you can use the NFC (Network File Copy) transport method in your backup solution or disable SCSI hot-add through the backup software.
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.