The VMware Knowledge Base provides support solutions, error messages and troubleshooting guides
Collecting diagnostic information for VMware products (1008524)
Note: Collecting diagnostic information is the same as collecting or gathering log files.
This article provides procedures for obtaining diagnostic information for all VMware products.
The diagnostic information obtained by using this article is uploaded to VMware Technical Support. To properly identify your information, you need to use the Support Request (SR) number you receive when you create the new SR.
- For information on filing a Support Request, see Filing a Support Request in My VMware (2006985).
- For information on updating a Support Request, see Viewing and updating Support Requests in My VMware (2007048).
- For information on uploading your support files, see Uploading diagnostic information to VMware (1008525).
Note: When selecting your product, see the product versions in the corresponding article to determine if the relevant version is listed.
Note: The preceding link was correct as of April 1, 2013. If you find the link is broken, provide feedback and a VMware employee will update the link.
For translated versions of this article, see:
- Uploading diagnostic information to VMware
- Filing a Support Request in My VMware
- Recopilar información de diagnóstico para productos VMware
- Como coletar informações de diagnóstico para produtos VMware
This Article Replaces
Request a Product Feature
To request a new product feature or to provide feedback on a VMware product, please visit the Request a Product Feature page.